Sunday, April 1, 2007

Hands-on

Actual Prototyping is the next activity that i was asked to do. It was only me kasi Mico was absent. So i had to do the work alone, Sir Nolan gave me a picture of the product that I am going to do. It was a candleholder tapos ung stand nya is made of twisted designed wrought iron. It was not really that challenging for me kasi madali lng sya. All I have to do is insert wooden beads in the frame. Kaya lng the problem is, maliit ung hole ng beads so I had to drill it para lumaki ung hole. And then I have to cut it in half kasi it wont fit dahil nakaweld ung frame, so walang end. After which, I have to tie around an Abaca string (if i remember it right) on both ends of the beads, so parang accent sya. So, that was all i have to do.. And from this activity, I learned different processes, including ung mga pagsolve sa mga simpleng problems, like drilling the bead hole para lumaki sya and ung paghati sa beads to attach it on the frame. The importance of planning the product design influence all areas of production. Kaya dapat careful tayo sa pagdesign because it has to be workable. Sometimes it would cost higher if the product would require an equipment to work on it. So what's important is, dapat alam din natin ang mga different processes and materials so that we could apply it on our design. Plus other necessary materials, like ung mga adhesives, and cutting tools..etc. There was one adhesive product that they use as substitute for Mighty Bond, I forgot the name, it was hard to remember. But the advantage on this is, mas mura sya, really quick drying, and it has a needle-size nozzle (so madali sya i-apply for intricate designs), and it doesnt stain on the product (kasi ung mighty bond namumuti) pati ung bottle, it doesnt dry-up kung maiwan syang bukas on open air. Kaya its really convenient to use and for a lower price. So I inquired about it kung saan sya nakukuha, if ever im going to use it, kasi Mighty Bond really cost alot. So this activity really exposed me in the area of production, and also the worker's concerns. I also tried weaving, pinasubok ako ni ate, it was easy at first pero when its getting longer nakakapagod sya kasi masakit na sa kamay ung paghawak ng string, and imagine that they would have to weave all day long just for one medium sized candle holder! Kaya I was so amazed on their perseverance to finish it. Kaya saludo ako sa mga weavers! They were so great and mababait din sila lahat sakin! They were very patient on teaching me! =)

The next activity I did that afternoon is sorting orders. Sir Nolan asked me to sort orders for Germany kaya he gave me all necessary informations. Meron syang binigay na product reference and other informations. All I have to do is input all of this in the computer, compressing them into one file, organizing each product with certain infos like Product code and Quantity, and also its image. So, it would be easy for them to refer on a single file. This helps a lot, lalo na in time managing. Kasi if your product infos are all jammed up, it consumes time pa finding for a single information. Kaya its better if you put them all together..

So, thats it for the day...hoping for another exciting activity! =)


Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.
Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

No comments: